It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Is Tim Booth married?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 am 
if so to whom? I wonder if she was at the OC show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:05 am 
the internet tells me that tim got married a few years ago to a woman named kate. he does talk of his sons on twitter recently. it also sounds like he has a house in LA, because he was talking of getting to go home when in california.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 am 
wilco_eric wrote:
the internet tells me that tim got married a few years ago to a woman named kate. he does talk of his sons on twitter recently. it also sounds like he has a house in LA, because he was talking of getting to go home when in california.

Stalker alert or what!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm 
His son (Ben?) must be at least 21 by now. Wasn't OMC dedicated to him? Well, him and Mikhail Gorbachev.

He split for Martine McDonagh years ago (don't think they ever married). But I'm sure someone said on here he's now wed to a French dancer who appears on the cover of "Bone".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:21 pm 
no sorry, not a stalker. all things that tim has talked about on twitter. so it's okay for someone to ask if he's married but not for some to answer???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm 
I'm fairly sure he must have a second child. Both the OC and LA shows had a boy somewhere in the 4 to 6 range come out on stage in the final songs that Tim was very much doting over. The OC show, said youth comes out at the end of the 1st encore, Tim picks him up, and both wave to the audience before walking off; and the two were having a blast dancing during last night's Gold Mother house party.

As for living in LA, he strongly alluded to that last night as well. During an equipment f-up, he and Saul got into a verbal exchange over PCs vs Macs with Tim ending the argument something like "If this guy's annoying you, just remember I'm the one who lives here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:11 pm 
I think he does have a house in LA. He made reference in Ft. Lauderdale that the band flew from the UK and were on UK time and he flew from LA and did not have jet lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:51 pm 

LA seems so un Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am 
Paranormalhandy wrote:
His son (Ben?) must be at least 21 by now. Wasn't OMC dedicated to him?.

goldmother more likely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:51 am 
I am pretty sure Bubbles was written to his son from his current wife and that would be the little boy on stage. I think he even mentions in his tweets that his 2 sons were with him when he got the news about his mother.

Anyroad the boy is adorable! He was wearing ear protection during the Chicago show (those ones like you would wear at a construction site) and they were too big for him. Was very cute. He was also brought out on stage during GM here as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:38 am 

Here is a recent quote from a news story:
Quote:
The former 5 Rhythms dance instructor still stays physically fit in his Topanga Canyon home, and he’s also just optioned his first screenplay, is piecing together a full-length novel, and has just finished a new solo song about one of his favorite vacation spots, Half Moon Bay.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/lifestyle/Tim ... z12O33zEQ5

and a recent tweet:
Quote:
RealTimBooth Tim Booth
Vancouver - Stanley park acquarium with my 6 yr old- beluga whales are as mythic as unicorns. Ghosts

so he lives in Topanga and has a 6yr old...not that you should believe everything that you read, but... I do believe this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 am 
His son is 6 and he is called Luka Blue, after some character in an American soap...

Post subject: Nice young man
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:35 am 
I actually met Tim's oldest son towards the back alley at the Seattle show. He was a very humble and nice young man. Him and his girlfriend came out of the tour bus and walked towards the four of us to chat. We joked with him if we could get on the bus and just check it out. He laughed and made some witty comments that I won't repeat. We asked him where he is from and he mentioned Manchester. We asked how he gets to ride in the bus. He said his dad is the lead singer. (Of course by looking at his eyes it was obvious that he was Tim's kid.) I honestly don't think he even would have told us he was Tim's son if we didn't ask. He was very humble. Even then he just said "my dad is the singer" without bragging about it. Eventually Tim's little one came out with a lady carrying him (assuming Tim's wife). I asked if that was his little brother and he said yes. Said he was 6 years old and told me his name. Bottom line: It was very nice seeing a young man who was just as nice, courteous, and humble as his father. It may have been my favorite part of seeing JAMES that night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am 
Jabbsy wrote:
Paranormalhandy wrote:
His son (Ben?) must be at least 21 by now. Wasn't OMC dedicated to him?.

goldmother more likely

I'm sure he's named on the OMC vinyl run-out groove in one of those scrawled message things. But GM (the song, if not the whole LP) is definitely about Rim bring there at his birth, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 am 
RIM!!!?????

I fycking HARE this iPhone keyhoard!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm 
To a fashion photog who works/lives in LA hence the reason he lives there half the year.

http://www.oneofthethree.co.uk/articles/citylife798.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:17 pm 
I think Tim's wife is a dancer in 5 rhythms and she teaches as a therapy. I think Tim also does

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
I think this is Tim's wife, Kate: www.sacredtrust.org/sacred-trust-faculty.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:19 pm 
Wobble wrote:
I think this is Tim's wife, Kate: www.sacredtrust.org/sacred-trust-faculty.php

It's a man, baby...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:54 pm 
Blimey.

I've read some voodoo hokum in my time, but....